Festival of joy & colours is round the corner. Yes! Holi is one of the favourite times for everyone. It signifies the end of the winter season and the beginning of the spring season. A festival in which each & every individual needs to enjoy but at the same time if your skin & hair is friendly with the Holi colours then its rememberable time in terms of enjoyment. But comes a situation when sometimes these colours become allergic to your skin and also damages your hair. Therefore, instead of panicking and creating a bad memory, here comes a few useful tips to keep yourself on the safer side by Director Star Salon & Academy & Make-up expert Aashmeen Munjaal.
- Your skin is the most essential part of your body, and in the morning when we start playing Holi, we don’t think, that the colour applied on our skin will even go off or not. So better prepare your skin before heading for a joyful time of colours, you can apply thick sunscreen and Lacto calamine is one thing I suggest. Apart from that, you can also apply a proper layer of foundation base. Sometimes people also apply ficsour spray, it laminates your skin, so any kind of colour will not harm your skin.
- Similarly, we also suggest to sensitive skin people, that along with hair, after putting the base of foundation on face, they can also apply hair spray on your face keeping a gap by closing your eyes. Wear long sleeves and full-length bottoms to protect your skin. Make sure what you wear during the festival covers the maximum of your body so that there will be less skin exposed.
- After playing when you take -off your colour, make sure you don’t rub your skin directly. The best thing you can use for the same is baby oil. Gently massage it on your face in a circular motion. Then you can apply a small amount of face-wash with baby oil, either dahi or besan. Right after shower make-sure to apply moisturizer on your skin properly, so that your skin stays replenished and soft.
- Coming to your hair, the main thing before playing Holi, is you should prepare your hair firstly. You should not apply any chemical in your hair including rebonding, pumping or colouring. If you can avoid it for one week, better do that. Because it opens the cuticle of your hair, as Holi colours are high on chemicals, they can damage your scalp. By chance, if you have done any work on your hair, try to avoid playing Holi, else cover it properly with your scarf, or cap or any which way is easier for you to hide your hair.
- Similarly, you can apply thick oils, like mustard or olive oil, etc., it creates thickness which keeps your hair safe from colour chemicals. Else if you are playing Holi with flowers, organic colours or homemade colours, it won’t damage your skin but there is no surety that people who visit your place are using the same organic material. So better be on the safe line and apply oil on your hair.
- Right after playing Holi, you must dry comb your hair before washing it, don’t apply direct water and shampoo on your hair. Give your hair dry comb as much you can, it will be better if you wash your hair in a position of upside down, like in Salon, because it vanishes inside colour. Also, make sure not to use hot water for your hair, keep it lukewarm and whatever Shampoo you are using, before that apply a little conditioner, it clears the scratch of your hair. Then apply shampoo and again conditioner and then rinse it off. This way will keep your hair free from weakness. Also, you can apply oil or either serum after washing your hair. It will maintain the shine.