Renee Zellweger bagged the leading actress title for late film director Judy Garland’s biopic ‘Judy’ at the 73rd BAFTA awards here on Sunday (local time).
It is Zellweger’s second BAFTA award. The 50-year-old actress has previously won the award for the best-supporting actress for “Cold Mountain”, Variety reported.
The film portrays Judy Garland’s final days before she died from an accidental drug overdose at the age of 47 in June 1969, while living in the United Kingdom.
2020 has emerged as the heaven-sent year for the American actress. Earlier in January, Zellweger took home the Golden Globe award for her portrayal in Judy.
As Zellweger won the best actress award, Joaquin Phoenix won the leading actor prize for his role in superhero origin story ‘Joker’.
Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’ has won another two prizes in the evening.
The 2020 BAFTA Film Awards are taking place in London.
This Story has been sourced from ANI
- Mirzapur 2 Trailer – Date Announcement | Pankaj Tripathi, Divyendu Sharma | Amazon Original
- Next On The Boys S2 – Ep 7 | The Boys S2 | Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr | Amazon Original
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend ‘in deep pain’ after losing baby
- Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Young Rock’ NBC comedy sets main cast
- Naa Kanupaapa Song | Nishabdham (Telugu) | R Madhavan, Anushka Shetty | Amazon Original Movie |Oct 2
- For the latest Bollywood News and Celebrity Gossips, Follow us on Social Media or follow us on Google News.
- Catch up on all the latest Bollywood and Celebrity gossip here. Also, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- For Videos Content and Stories subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
- Bollywood Galiyara is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@bollywoodgaliyara) and stay updated with the latest news